Blogger Widgets Blogger Widgets

Sunday, June 26, 2016

Lesson-6-Houses and Apartments



 Lesson 6 Houses and Apartments

I recently spent a month on vacation – but instead of staying in a hotel, I looked for a short-term rental (a place to live that can be rented for a short period of time). I ended up sharing a two-bedroom apartment – that’s an apartment with two bedrooms, a living room, and a kitchen – with some friends. It was actually cheaper than renting a studio apartment (an apartment with only one big room) all by myself.
ခုေလာေလာဆယ္ေတာ့ အလည္အပတ္ တစ္လ ထြက္ခဲ့တယ္။ ဟိုတယ္မွာ တည္းေနမယ့္အစား အခ်ိန္တို ခဏငွါးတဲ့ တိုက္ခန္းကိုပဲ လိုက္ရွာခဲ့တယ္။ အတူမွ်ေနရတဲ့ အိပ္ခန္းႏွစ္ခန္းပါတဲ့ (သူငယ္ခ်င္းတခ်ိဳ႕၊ ဧည့္ခန္း၊ မီးဖိုေခ်ာင္နဲ႕ )ခန္းတဲြကိုေတာ့ ကြ်န္ေတာ္ လက္ေလွ်ာ့လိုက္တယ္။ အဲဒါက တကယ္ေတာ့ တစ္ေယာက္တည္းေန စတုဒီယိုခန္းထက္ေတာ့ ေစ်းခ်ိဳတာေပါ့။

Five story building
Overlooking the ocean
Had a nice view of

The apartment was on the top floor of a five-story building (that’s a building with five floors) and it had a balcony overlooking the ocean (that means you can see the ocean from the balcony). From the roof, we also had a nice view of the city skyline (this is another expression used when you can see something from a certain place).
ခန္းတဲြက ငါးထပ္တိုက္ အေပၚဆံုးအထပ္မွာေလ။ သမုဒၵရာကိုလွမ္းျမင္ရတဲ့ လသာေဆာင္လည္း ပါတယ္။
အမိုးေပၚကေန ေကာင္းကင္ကို ေနာက္ခံျပဳထားတဲ့ ၿမိဳ႕အေဆာက္အအံုမ်ားရဲ႕ အနားသတ္မ်ဥ္းရဲ႕ ရင္သက္ရႈေမာဖြယ္ ျမင္ကြင္းကို ကြ်န္ေတာ္တို႕  ျမင္ခဲ့ရတယ္။

 recently been remodeled/renovated
fully finished
spacious living room
were rather cramped
feel homesick

The apartment had recently been remodeled/renovated – meaning it was fixed up and improved – and was fully furnished, so it already had furniture (beds, tables, etc.) and appliances (refrigerator, stove, etc.)
ခန္းတဲြက ေလာေလာဆယ္ကမွ ျပန္လည္ျပဳျပင္မြမ္းမံထား၊ ပရိေဘာဂေတြနဲ႕ဆင္ယင္ထားတယ္။ ဒါေၾကာင့္ ကုတင္၊ စားပဲြ စတဲ့ ပရိေဘာဂေတြနဲ႕ ေရခဲေသတၱာ၊ လွ်ပ္စစ္မီးဖို စတဲ့ အိမ္တြင္းသံုး စက္ပစၥည္းေတြ ရိွေနတာေပါ့။

We loved the spacious living room (the room was big), but unfortunately the bedrooms were rather cramped (small and uncomfortable). It was nice to spend a month there, but by the end of the trip I started to feel homesick – that’s when you feel sad because you miss your life at home.
ကြ်န္ေတာ္တို႕က ဧည့္ခန္းက်ယ္မွ သေဘာက်တာ ဒါေပမယ့္ေလ အိပ္ခန္းေတြ အရမ္းေသးေနေတာ့   အဆင္မေျပဘူးေပါ့။ အဲဒီမွာ တစ္လေလာက္ေနရရတာ သိပ္အဆင္ေျပတယ္ဆိုေပမယ့္ ခရီးအဆံုးမွာ ေတာ့ အိမ္ကိုအလြမ္းသည္ရေတာ့တာပဲ။ လြမ္းတယ္ဆိုတာ အိမ္မွာရိွခဲ့တဲ့ ကိုယ့္ဘ၀ကို ျပန္လည္လြမ္း ဆြတ္လာၿပီး ၀မ္းနည္းလာတဲ့အခ်ိန္ပဲေပါ့ဗ်ာ။

 have a place of my own
affordable housing
upscale neighborhoods
take out a mortgage
pay it off

I’d really like to have a place of my own so that I’m not throwing away money on rent every month, but there’s a real shortage of affordable housing (houses/apartments that are reasonably priced) in my city. Even if I stay away from the upscale neighborhoods (areas where rich people live), I’d still have to take out a mortgage (borrow money from the bank, in order to buy a house) and it’ll take me more than 30 years to pay it off.
ကြ်န္ေတာ္ ကုိယ္ပိုင္ေနရာေေလးေတာ့ ရိွခ်င္တယ္၊ လတိုင္း ငွါးရမ္းခေတြနဲ႕ ေငြေတြ မျဖဳန္းျဖစ္ သြားေအာင္လို႕ေပါဗ်ာ။ ဒါေပမယ့္ ကြ်န္ေတာ့္ၿမိဳ႕မွာက ေစ်းႏွံးသင့္တဲ့ ေနအိမ္တို႕၊ တိုက္ခန္းတို႕က တကယ့္ကို နည္းလာၿပီေလ။ လူခ်မ္းသာေတြေနတဲ့ ပတ္၀န္းက်င္အသိုင္းအ၀န္းမွာ မေနေတာင္မွ ကြ်န္ေတာ့္ အေနနဲ႕ဆို အိမ္၀ယ္ဖို႕ဘဏ္ကေန ေခ်းေငြ ယူေနရအံုးမွာပဲ။ ဒါေတာင္ အဲဒီေခ်းေငြကို ျပန္ဆပ္ဖို႕ ဆိုတာ ကြ်န္ေတာ့္အတြက္ေတာ့ ႏွစ္သံုးဆယ္ေက်ာ္ေနအံုးမွာပဲေလ။

down payment
move into a new place
throw a housewarming party
But still, I’m gonna start saving up for a down payment (an initial payment on a big purchase). Someday, when I do move into a new place, I’ll be sure to throw a housewarming party (a party to celebrate living in a new house/apartment).
ဒါေပမယ့္ အခုထိေတာ့ ပထမအရစ္ေငြေခ်ဖို႕အတြက္ ပိုက္ဆံစစုရေတာ့မယ္။ တစ္ေန႕ေန႕ ေနရာအသစ္ကို ေျပာင္း ေရႊ႕ေနထိုင္တဲ့အခါ အိမ္တက္မဂၤလာပဲြ က်င္းပေပးရမွာေပါ့ဗ်ာ။


Lesson 6 Quiz
1. Her father paid the affordable / down / studio payment on her apartment.
2. I can't stand living with my parents; I need a place of my independent / own / short-term.
3. I hope the apartment is decorated / furnished / upscale, because I can't afford to buy appliances.
4. I was having so much fun during my semester abroad that I didn't feel cramped / homesick /housewarm at all.
5. It's a ten- level / room / story building with two elevators.
6. My bedroom window overlooks / oversees / overviews the mountains.
7. My parents finished paying off their borrow / budget / mortgage after 25 years.
8. This weekend I'm helping my cousin change / move / turn into his new place.
9. We're going to need a more short-term / spacious/widespread apartment now that we're going to have a baby.
10. We're regenerating / rejuvenating / remodeling the bathroom, so you'll have to use the one on the second floor.

No comments:

Post a Comment